Democracy Gone Astray

Democracy, being a human construct, needs to be thought of as directionality rather than an object. As such, to understand it requires not so much a description of existing structures and/or other related phenomena but a declaration of intentionality.
This blog aims at creating labeled lists of published infringements of such intentionality, of points in time where democracy strays from its intended directionality. In addition to outright infringements, this blog also collects important contemporary information and/or discussions that impact our socio-political landscape.

All the posts here were published in the electronic media – main-stream as well as fringe, and maintain links to the original texts.

[NOTE: Due to changes I haven't caught on time in the blogging software, all of the 'Original Article' links were nullified between September 11, 2012 and December 11, 2012. My apologies.]

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Joe Jones Manifesto: Former LAPD Cop Says He Had Similar Experiences As Alleged Cop Killer, Chris Dorner

A former LAPD officer has written a manifesto sympathizing with Christopher Dorner, the fugitive ex-LA cop who has declared "war" on the LAPD.

"The 1st thing I would say to [Dorner] is, I feel your pains!," Joe Jones wrote in his manifesto, circulated Tuesday by hacker group Anonymous and posted to Jones' Facebook. "But you are going about this the wrong way. To take innocent lives could never be the answer to anything. I say this as a Man who experienced the same pain, betrayal, anger, suffering, litigation and agony that you did in many ways."

Jones, 48, was a patrol officer for nine years, retired in 1998 and now has an event-planning company in LA, the LA Weekly reports. It appears that Jones' Facebook may have been disabled hours after posting his manifesto (see full manifesto below).

He expressed his condolences for Dorner's victims as well as victims of "the injustices of Police Corruption, Scandal, Lies, Deception and Brutality."

Jones said he himself has been a victim of such corruption. "I need you to first assume that I would not surface 16 years later with lies about a situation that has me with PTSD to this very day," he wrote. "The pain forces me to speak as I have yet to shake the Ill's of my experience as an LAPD Officer."

Jones' accounts of being personally wronged by the LAPD include:

    1) I had my home viciously attacked by a gunman with my family and myself inside the house. No arrests were made and my family and I Received very little support.
    2) I had my Civil Rights violated on several occasions. I was falsely arrested at gunpoint by the Sheriffs as an Officer who ID'd himself and was conspired against by both LAPD and the Sheriffs when my Civil case went to Trial.
    3) I was falsely accused on more than one occasion and simply placed in a position that the trust was so compromised that I could no longer wear the Uniform. Also know there were many more episodes. All of these issues are well documented

The former cop drew eerie parallels with Dorner, saying that he looks like Dorner, saying that "like… Dorner I used to smile a lot," and starting his manifesto off with the exact same intro as Dorner, " I know most of you who personally who [sic] me are in disbelief…"

Jones told "unethical LAPD" officers to put themselves in a victim's shoes. "Always think what if it were you, How would you feel?..How would you like if you were falsely accused and your life, lively- hood and career was taken from you? How would you like if someone was beating on you just because they felt they could get away with it?," he wrote. Echoing Dorner's claims, Jones continued, "You are no better the criminals you took and oath to arrest when you do what you do!"

He made a direct plea to Dorner to end the killings. "Bro, Don't kill anymore Innocent people. Your point has been made. Clearly. They know you mean business, The whole world knows. Refrain from any further wrong doing and do what you must to salvage your Soul. Whatever that means to you. Just remember that God is a forgiving God."

Dorner wrote in his manifesto, circulated last week, that he is on a mission to murder former LAPD colleagues and superiors as revenge for his 2008 firing. He's accused of killing a retired captain's daughter and her fiance in Irvine, Calif., and shooting four cops in Riverside, killing one.

The Manifesto:

Original Article
Source: huffingtonpost.com
Author: Kathleen Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment